Carbonnel Bed & Breakfast
1783 Townline Road,
Your hostess: Janet – English, French and Spanish spoken
Three rooms – one accessible ( Alexandra Suite ) surrounded by vineyards and orchards
Slight ramp into 36″ wide door located on right of house off multi-car parking area.
The Alexandra Suite is really two rooms featuring a bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a sitting room and dinette.
A 27″ high, king-size bed on legs leaves plenty of rolling room
Central air and baseboard electric heating
Electrical outlets to charge mobility devices near bed head
No telephone or TV in bedroom
- Bathroom door 32″ wide
- Large roll-in shower with skylight, will accommodate commode chair or shower bench.
- Shower opening 43 1/2″ wide, grab bars and room for two
- Shower chair with adjustable legs and back available
- Hand-held shower head and shower controls within reach of seated person
- Sink with knee room cut out
- Huge low mirror
- Toilet 14 1/2″ high has enough room for side but not front transfer
- Grab bars around toilet
- Raised toilet seat in room
- Hair dryer provided
The sitting room:
- Double sized pullout sofa bed
- Leather recliner that extends flat
- Satellite remote television
- Electric fireplace/central heating
The dinette area seats four and is suitable for snacking or playing cards and games.
A selection of board games and puzzles is available.
Full hot breakfast with fresh fruit is served in the adjacent (roll in) Breakfast Room overlooking the gardens.
Special dietary restrictions or food allergies accommodated – tell Janet ahead of time.
Lovely, quiet place just off the Niagara Parkway close to Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls by car.
The Cobbled Path Bed & Breakfast
Go to Cobbled Path website
3738 West Main St.
Your hosts: Jim and Judy Schultz
Three rooms: two accessible
Four stars from the Federation of Ontario Bed and Breakfast Accommodations
Vintage home located in the village of Stevensville, bordering the Town of Fort Erie
Less than 15 minutes by car to downtown Niagara Falls
Wide ramp from the paved parking lot at the left of the house to the main entrance.
Common parlour room with cable TV.
Bedroom One – ￼The Country Garden Room:
- Laminate flooring, ceiling light,window that opens
- Ceiling fan and electric fireplace, both on remote
- Twin beds on legs can be pushed together to make a king
- Night tables with touch lamps/clock radio
- Closet was fitted with a unique Instahanger, providing a lowered clothes rack
- Ensuite bathroom features a moulded shower unit with built-in seat
- Toilet with oval seat, 17″ high
- Collapsible water dam in shower
- Hand-held shower head, soap/shampoo holder, grab bar
- Vanity open underneath
- Large, low mirror above
Bedroom Two – Rose Garden Room:
- Queen bed on legs
- Touch lamp and clock radio.
- Bright with a ceiling light and a window overlooking Main Street.
- Large ensuite with claw foot soaker tub
- Roll-in shower with a seat
- Hand-held shower head
- Graded 3/4 lip on shower rising to 1 1/2″
- Collapsible water dam on floor.
- Open vanity
- Toilet 16 1/2″ high with grab bars.
The kitchen/dining room overlooks property extending down to Black Creek.
A full breakfast is served by Judy, certified chef-in-residence.
Dietary needs are accommodated.
Checkout time is 11 a.m.
This is a lovely B&B with gracious hosts and great food close to both Buffalo, N.Y., Fort Erie and Niagara Falls, Canada.
Victorian Charm Bed and Breakfast
Go to Victorian Charm website
6028 Culp St.
Niagara Falls ON
Your hostess: Anne Marie Dubois – French, Spanish and English spoken
Number of rooms: 6. One accessible room on ground level. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms; some with Jacuzzis.
Member of CAA and AAA and of the Niagara Falls B&B Association; senior and single discounts
1889 Victorian style home located in quiet, historical area of Drummond Hill.
The falls are just a 15-minute walk/roll and it’s 10 minutes to the Fallsview Casino.
Niagara-on-the-Lake is 20 minutes by car.
Large parking lot with space for a side-loading van
Wide, railinged ramp takes you to spacious furnished veranda
Enter from veranda to accessible suite through small hall with door to the bathroom six feet in front
Opening into the bedroom (no door) on your left
Guests who use a scooter may find it easier to drive into the bathroom, then after the front door is closed reverse back into the entrance hall and swing around into the bedroom.
The main door from veranda 36″ wide
Bathroom door 36” wide
Opening into the bedroom 43″ according to Marie. She redid our measurements which were smaller.
- Bright with low windows overlooking front porch
- Hardwood floors
- Two queen beds open below
- Table, chairs, dresser
- TV, Free WiFi
- Small fridge with free bottled water.
- Low Instahanger in the closet
- French doors open into conservatory/dining room overlooking gardens at the rear of the house.
- Guests may also be served meals in their room if they wish
- Slim and small
- May not allow turning room for wheelchairs or scooters
- Scooter goes in frontwards and comes out backwards
- Normal sized wheelchair would have more room
- Ceramic tile floor
- Counter with hand mirror/ room for your personal items.
- Jacuzzi tub on your left with a space of 42 between the tub and the counter.
- Half wall at the end of the counter and a space of 38 from the tub to the half wall.
- Pedestal sink and toilet side by side at far end of the bathroom in an area 52″ wide.
- Tub has shower bench
- Four foot grab bar sits along the inside wall with basket attached for soap, shampoo etc.
- Hand-held shower head with 4-foot vertical grab bar on side.
- Portable bathtub safety handrail affixed to side of tub.
On-site spa treatments arranged with 24 hours notice
Breakfast is a choice of six hot entrees
Special dietary needs accommodated.
Bed and Breakfast/Retreat
Haven of Hope Farm Bed and Breakfast
3315 Ninth Street Louth
St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P7
Your hosts: Daphne and Dave Bakker – Daphne will gladly answer any questions
A three-room, no smoking suite in a beautifully renovated farmhouse on 12 acres backing on a golf course. Sheep, two alpacas, two pigs (Hazel and Greta) and many chickens also live here.
This B&B offers peace and quiet for patients and their families (sleeps four) who are receiving treatment for cancer or other medical conditions or are disabled and wish to avoid the more hectic accommodations nearer Niagara Falls. It also provides a retreat for those seeking respite from emotional stress.
- Twenty minutes to Niagara Falls, five minutes to Jordan, 10 minutes to St. Catharines. Restaurants, wineries, shopping and golf close by.
- Hard-packed gravel parking very near ramped private entrance
- Private covered porch with table and chairs
- Entrance 36” flat, all other doors 34” with lever handles
- Microwave, half refrigerator, Keurig, crock pot, electric kettle, dishes, eating utensils
- Dining table, two chairs
- Two lounge chairs with footstools, large coffee table, electric fireplace
- Queen bed 25”high on legs, bedside table, dresser, closet with full length mirror on back of door
- Bedside lamps with easy reach dimmer switches, ceiling light, large window that opens with blind
- Extra blankets and bathrobes
- Low pile carpet, low plugs for charging
- Radio/alarm clock with ipod docking station
- Essential oil diffuser that sounds like healing stream
May be entered from sitting room or bedroom. Bathroom does not have 5’ turnaround space but, because it has two doors, you can get in and out quite easily.
- Large roll-in shower with 35” opening, grab bars and hand-held shower head, shower chair
- Comfort height toilet 17.5” high but no transfer room on either side, front transfer only. Grab bars on raised toilet seat.
- Radiant floor heat
- Accessible vanity with sink. Low mirror over sink and makeup mirror provided if needed. Sink has lever handles. Low towel hooks and fresh towels daily.
- Fireside Room off of entrance :
- Two leather couches – one pulls out into a Queen-size bed, leather chair
- Coffee table, electric fireplace
- Selection of DVDs and Blue-ray DVD player, flat screen HD/TV
- Selection of reading material, puzzles and games for children.
- A full farm-style breakfast featuring organic local ingredients is served, BBQ easily accessible. Eat in your suite, on either of two patios or in the farm kitchen with your hosts. Breakfast time is flexible and special dietary needs met.
- Listing update May 2016